The latest edition includes wines we tasted earlier this spring at Aurora Cellars on Leelanau Peninsula and from Fenn Valley at the Michigan Wines Showcase. Since we end up tasting a LOT of Michigan wine (you may have noticed), WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been experiencing. Cheers!
- Aurora 2011 Sparkling Brut: Full of yeasty goodness, toasty, bready, hints of green apple. Roasted nutty tones.
- Aurora 2011 Brut Rosé : Big fruit, without being sweet. Yeasty. Watermelon and strawberry.
- Aurora 2013 Barrel-Fermented Chardonnay: Yellow apple, creamy, buttery, good texture and mouthfeel. Fuller in body.
- Aurora 2012 Semi-Dry Riesling: Big on minerality, river rock, limestone, petrol notes, green apple. This was the highlight of my tasting at Aurora Cellars.
- Fenn Valley Celita's Vino Verde NV: Seyval Blanc. Crisp, honeydew melon, slightly tart. Good everyday white to enjoy on the patio in the 90 degree weather.
- Fenn Valley Riesling 2013: Petrol notes, green and yellow apple, pineapple core, white flowers, fresh rain minerality.
Have your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!