It's been a little while since our last WIOG! This edition of WIOG features wines we tried during the Michigan Wine Showcase last month. Since we end up tasting a LOT of Michigan wine (you may have noticed), WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been experiencing. Cheers!
- Bowers Harbor 2013 Pinot Blanc, Twyris Vineyard: Big on fruit, significantly sweeter than past vintages, ripe pear and lemon. — Shannon
- Bowers Harbor 2012 Block II Riesling: Interesting, complex, high minerality with notes of petrol; developing nicely in the bottle. — Shannon
- Brengman Brothers 2011 Gewurzraminer: Yellow grapefruit, very fruit forward, big aromatics. — Shannon
- Brengman Brothers 2010 Riesling: Layers of river rock, petrol, peach and tangerine. — Shannon
- Brengman Brothers 2012 Block 65 Blend: Pinot Gris, Viognier, Sauvignon Blanc. Dry blend, muted flavors, citrus and pear notes, would be perfect with food, not too overpowering. — Shannon
- Brys Estate 2013 Naked Chardonnay: bright acid, pear and peach, fruit really shines, long finish.
- Brys Estate 2013 Pinot Blanc: ripe peach, apricot, banana bread, big minerality. — Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!