UPDATED 7 P.M. APRIL 22: If you're a Michigan By The Bottle fan and/or a player in our SUPER HUGE Michigan Wine Month Giveaway, you may have noticed that our website has been up and down since last Friday. As of the time of this post, it was finally back to full function (knock on wood) after more than 24 hours of straight downtime.
What gives? Here's the deal: Our host, Typepad, has been slammed by a series of massive DDoS attacks over the past several days. The short version is, some malicious folks flooded their servers, bringing their operations to a screeching halt. And when they're down, we're down. (If you're into technical details and care to read more, click here.)
Luckily, all of our past and pending content is safe and sound, but it's been a nightmare for anyone with a Typepad-hosted website and a headache for anyone trying to get to the SUPER HUGE Giveaway daily contest posts (including us!) due to the site being offline.
We've used Typepad from the beginning and never had any issues until this weekend, so we're hoping today sees the last of Typepad's woes. But rest assured that if anything happens going forward, we'll adjust the contest dates accordingly and give winners extra time to claim their prizes!
Here's what we've done so far to adjust the SUPER HUGE Michigan Wine Month Giveaway due to the service disruptions:
- We postponed the scheduled Day 20 (April 20) St. Julian giveaway, tacking it on to the end of the month.
- We postponed the scheduled Day 21 (April 21) Chateau Chantal giveaway, tacking it on to the end of the month.
- We postponed the scheduled Day 22 (April 22) Sandhill Crane Vineyards giveaway, tacking it on to the end of the month.
- We've held flash contests on our Facebook page daily to reward everyone who's been continuing to tune in. (The winners of the April 20 and April 21 flash contests were Christy Buggia and Heather McNeely Dery, so please email us to claim your prize!)
- We're currently running another flash contest on our Facebook page through 11:59 p.m. April 22 (visit our Facebook page and look for the flash contest post that's pinned to the top of our feed).
The bottom line? We're going to have BONUS DAYS on the SUPER HUGE contest! So please keep checking out MichiganByTheBottle.com even after Michigan Wine Month, April, concludes, because we'll have several more prizes leading into May!
Also, for future reference, if the DDoS attacks continue and Typepad goes down again, you can always stay in the loop with Michigan By The Bottle via our Facebook page by clicking here (as long as no crazy cyberattackers take down Facebook).
We plan to have more content coming soon in addition to our pending SUPER HUGE Giveways, including video of the brand-new J. Trees tasting room in downtown Tecumseh, and coverage of the Leelanau Peninsula Wine Trail Media Weekend. Cheers, and thanks for your support and patience!