This edition of WIOG features wines we tried during a recent visit to Leelanau Peninsula — specifically, Verterra Winery and Forty-Five North Vineyard & Winery. Since we end up tasting a LOT of Michigan wine (you may have noticed), WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been experiencing. Cheers!
- Verterra 2011 Pinot Grigio: Light and refreshing, pear, citrus, very fruity and crisp. — Shannon
- Verterra 2012 Pinot Blanc: Banana, melon, tropical notes, good acidity. One of my favorites of our visit. — Shannon
- Verterra 2012 Dry Gewürztraminer: Big time floral, white grapefruit pulp, good food wine. — Shannon
- Verterra 2011 Pinot Noir: Blackberry and raspberry, subtle and soft, super long finish. — Shannon
- Verterra 2011 Reserve Red: Raspberry and dark cherry, good amount of earthiness, mushroom, dark chocolate. — Shannon
- Forty-Five North 2011 Chardonnay: Good deal of toasted oakiness, bonfire, vanilla, baking spice, melon. — Shannon
- Forty-Five North 2012 Unwooded Chardonnay: big on fruit, peach, melon, lime peel, bright and clean. — Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!