This edition of WIOG features some of the wines we tried at the Michigan Wine Showcase at The Rattlesnake Club on April 15. As we often stress, we're not wine experts, but we do taste a lot of Michigan wine. (You may have noticed.) WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been tasting. Cheers!
- Black Star Farms 2011 Arcturos Cabernet Franc: Wonderful nose with hints of blackberry, chocolate and tobacco. A perfect wine to accompany a steak. — Shannon
- Blue Water Winery 2012 Dry Riesling: Big citrus, lemon/lime spritzer. Good for sipping on a hot summer day. — Shannon
- Blue Water Winery 2010 Gewürztraminer: Semi-sweet, white grapefruit. Lots of character, slightly floral. — Shannon
- Blue Water Winery 2011 Pinot Noir: Spicetastic! Black pepper, tart cherry, layers of flavors, complex! One of the highlights of the show! — Shannon
- Blustone Vineyards 2011 Chardonnay: Good acid balance, very crisp and refreshing, ripe honeydew melon. Would go deliciously with pasta and alfredo sauce. — Shannon
- Blustone Vineyards 2011 Winemaker's Red: Dry, earthy, dark plum flavors. Full body and big mouthfeel. Loved this wine! — Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!