This edition of WIOG features yet more of the wines we tried at the Michigan Wine Showcase at The Rattlesnake Club in April (what can we say — there was a lot there!). As we often stress, we're not wine experts, but we do taste a lot of Michigan wine. (You may have noticed.) WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been tasting. Cheers!
- Lynn Aleksandr 2012 Riesling: Dry, fruit forward, lots of minerality. – Shannon
- Lynn Aleksandr 2011 Chardonnay: Oaky, toasted marshmallow, creamy and silky. – Shannon
- Lynn Aleksandr 2012 Rosé: Dry, complex, strawberries and cream, finished with a kick. One of my favorites of the evening. – Shannon
- Mackinaw Trail Winery 2012 Pinot Gris: Lime, melon, refreshing with river rock on the finish. – Shannon
- Mackinaw Trail Winery 2012 Gewürztraminer: Off-dry, spicy, floral, white grapefruit. – Shannon
- Mackinaw Trail Winery 2011 Cabernet Merlot: Smooth and soft, blackberry and plum. – Shannon
- Mackinaw Trail Winery 2011 Late Harvest Riesling: Peach, mango, pineapple, doesn't seem as sweet as most Late Harvest Rieslings. – Shannon
- Mackinaw Trail Winery 2012 Chardonnay: Unoaked; peach and honey, crisp. – Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!