This edition of WIOG Weekly Roundup features wines we tried at Good Harbor Vineyards over Labor Day. As we often stress, we're not wine experts, but we do taste a lot of Michigan wine. (You may have noticed.) WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been tasting. Cheers!
- Good Harbor Moonstruck Blanc de Noirs NV: "100% Pinot Noir. Green apple, very fruit forward, a lot of tanginess." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Sleeping Bare Blanc de Blanc NV: "100% Chardonnay. Much drier than their other sparkling wines, pear, very refreshing." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Clustar Demi-Sec Rosé NV: "Hints of cherry, much sweeter style, fruit explodes in your mouth, nothing subtle about this wine." — Shannon
- Good Harbor 2008 Tribute Chardonnay: "Super creamy, but the oak is very subtle, complex, good balanced wine." — Shannon
- Good Harbor 2011 Pinot Grigio: "Crisp, clean, refreshing, interesting minerality, lime and pear." — Shannon
- Good Harbor 2011 Dry Riesling: "River rock, lime, peach, tangy, I really enjoyed this one!" — Shannon
- Good Harbor Fishtown White NV: "Dry, remarkably complex, pear, apple. Biggest surprise for its $8 price point. Perfect everyday dry white to please most palates." — Shannon
- Good Harbor 2011 Gewürztraminer: "Dry, grapefruit, floral aromas, big spice." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Trillium NV: "Simple sweet white, green apple and orange." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Labernet NV: "Dry red blend, dominated by Cabernet Sauvignon, bold, black cherries." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Harbor Red NV: "Good intro red, perfect 'Tuesday night pasta night,' very fruit forward, Beaujoulais-style." — Shannon
- Good Harbor 2009 Rosé: "Sweet tart, strawberry, semi-dry, lots of fruit." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Cherry Wine NV: "Spicetastic, tart and complex, great with dark chocolate." — Shannon
- Good Harbor Collaboration NV: "Dry red blend, blackberries, spice, oak, cocoa." — Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!