This edition of WIOG Weekly Roundup features wines we tried in Peninsula Cellars' tasting room over Labor Day while visiting Old Mission Peninsula. As we often stress, we're not wine experts, but we do taste a lot of Michigan wine. (You may have noticed.) WIOG is our attempt to give you an idea of some selections that you may be interested in checking out based on what we've been tasting. Cheers!
- Peninsula Cellars 2010 Pinot Blanc: "Citrus and pear, exploding with flavor, very crisp and refreshing. This reinforces that Pinot Blanc is one of my favorite Michigan whites." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2011 Chardonnay: "Pineapple and melon, light and fruit forward." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2007 Gewürztraminer: "Dry grapefruit, pulpy mouthfeel, long finish." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2011 Dry Riesling: "Peach, Sweet Tart candy, big finish!" — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars NV Chardonnay Reserve: "2010/2011 mixed vintage. Rich buttery, creamy, butterscotch, mango. Very interesting and enjoyable." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2008 Semidry Riesling: "Floral, peaches, honey." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2010 Cabernet Franc: "Dark chocolate, blackberries, blueberries, oaky deliciousness, extra long finish." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2002 Gewürztraminer: "Library wine pulled out at tasting room. Super dry, big floral notes, grapefruit, lime." — Shannon
- Peninsula Cellars 2002 Cab Merlot: "LIbrary wine pulled out at tasting room. Chocolate, astringent, tannic, leathery, earth-tastic!" — Shannon
Got your own tasting notes? Come join the discussion on our Facebook page!